Do you believe this?

Home Forums General Interest Topics Do you believe this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JLHaner
    Participant

Understanding Your Exam Results

Performance ratings are defined as follows:
    Needs Improvement: The number of questions you answered correctly is less than 50%. Your performance is far below the target and fails to meet the minimum requirements for this exam. Additional preparation is strongly recommended before re-examination.
    Below Target: The number of questions you answered correctly is between 50% and 65%. Your performance is slightly below the target and fails to meet the minimum requirements for this exam. Additional preparation is recommended before re-examination.
    Target: The number of questions you answered correctly is between 65% and 75%. Your performance meets the minimum requirements for this exam.
    Above Target: The number of questions you answered correctly is above 75%. Your performance exceeds the minimum requirements for this exam.

Lyn Heaton
    Participant

no

JLHaner
    Participant

Hello, Lyn:
    I found these numbers on a PMP Exam Simulation site.
    They seem “reasonable” to me.
    I wonder . . . could these numbers have come from PMI?
    Why or why not?
    Regards,
    James

Lyn Heaton
    Participant

They could be right – but PMI rarely posted actual numbers about passing it, so my feeling is they would not provide this information either.

But maybe……

Eric Verzuh
    Participant

The target is 65-75% correct. If that is actually true, it seems like the exam is broken. What industry wants to have a certification exam that is so hard to pass that it begins to be a matter of luck as well as ability?
    Of course, I’d like to know whether this is true.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post Author: JLHaner